Emergency Plumbing Services in the Tacoma Area
In a Tacoma plumbing emergency, you'll need to stop the flow of water quickly. To do this, you need to know the location of the shutoff valve for every fixture and appliance, as well as the main shutoff valve for the house, and how they operate. It may be beneficial to have drawn a map and keep it accessible for everyone you live with.
Rooter-Man provides 24 hours, 7 days a week emergency service. Our live operators are there to answer your calls 24 hours a day - so you don't have to worry about leaving a message on some machine and wait to have your call returned the next day, when it’s too late.
- If the emergency involves a specific fixture or appliance, first look for its shutoff valve and turn it clockwise to shut off the water to that fixture or appliance only.
- The valve is usually located underneath a fixture such as a sink or a toilet, or behind an appliance, such as a clothes washer, at the point where the water supply pipe (or pipes) connects to it.
- If the problem is not with a particular fixture or appliance, or if there's no shutoff valve for the fixture or appliance, use the main shutoff valve to turn off the water supply to the entire house.
- You'll find the main shutoff valve on the inside or outside of your house where the main water supply pipe enters.
- In cold climates, look just inside the foundation wall in the basement or crawl space.
- Turn the valve clockwise to shut it off.
- Professional Tip: If you need a wrench to turn the valve, keep one, specially labeled near the valve so it's handy.
- If the main shutoff valve itself is defective and needs to be repaired, call your water company; they can send someone out with the special tool that's required to shut off the water at the street before it reaches the valve.
If you're looking for a professional Tacoma plumber, then please call877-694-5176, or complete our online service request form.
Request Service Today
Complete the information below and one of our plumbing consultants will contact you in regards to your plumbing repair or installation needs.